Frequently Asked Questions!
- What is the “LLP Difference?”
- After the first rental hour, we prorate to the nearest 15 minutes - so you don’t have to hurry
back on the hour in fear of getting charged for another whole hour - you only pay for your time
on the water.
- We always give you back support/seatbacks - it stinks to kayak for an hour or two with no
back support. Unlike other rental companies, here you will always have some back support.
- We have a real restroom with real running water - not just “porta-potties.”
- We are NOT cash-only - we also accept credit cards.
- We have free lockers - with actual locks - for your valuables while you’re on the water - and
you can keep the key.
- We have free parking - even a free parking garage.
- We are unique in that we are the only kayak rental on the east end of the lake
(the much less crowded end of the lake). There’s also a “secret” island, a nice, big cove and you can see
downtown Austin from our dock.
We do NOT charge weekend prices on Fridays.
- We are the only
company in Austin that offers all of these “luxuries.”
- What if I’m bringing someone else’s kids with me – can I sign their waiver?
NO! If you are bringing someone else’s kids with you then please
print out a waiver,
have their parents sign it, and bring it with you.
- Are reservations required?
Reservations are required for everything we do – except for rentals. Kayak and Canoe rentals are
“first come, first serve.”
- Do you accept credit cards?
Of course. What kind of business doesn't take credit cards?
- Is there a weight limit?
275 lbs is our per person weight limit. You also must be able to
fit into one of our PFDs with all buckles fastened.
- Can I rent a kayak to go see the bats?
No, sorry. We need to have our boats available for our guided tour – but we’d love to take you!
- Do you have parking at your new shop?
Yes, there's even a parking garage! Also, all parking is free!
- Do you do children’s birthday parties?
Yes, call us and we’ll set something up.
- Do you offer custom tours?
Yes, we can take your crew out at different times of the day depending on the party size.
- Do you have cash discounts?
Yes, it saves us fees when compared to credit cards, so we have a small cash discount. (This applies only to tours.)
- Do you sell gift certificates?
Yes, just call us and we'll make arrangements.
- I can’t swim. Do I have to wear a PFD?
Absolutely. If you can’t swim or are a weak swimmer, then you have to wear a PFD! A PFD or Personal Flotation Device was formerly known as a life jacket.
If you have to think about whether or not you’re a good swimmer – then it's probably best you wear one.
You have to wear a PFD. It’s also a Texas state law that ages 13 and under must wear one.
- Can I bring my camera?
Our “official” position is not to bring them. That being said, most people bring them and they end up just fine.
(If you drop it in the water, we’re not buying you a new one.) We also have dry boxes and dry bags to buy or rent.
- What do I wear?
Almost anything you do with us, you end up with wet feet and a wet butt (at least) – so be prepared.
Sandals and “quick dry” clothes work well. Flip flops are fine for our bat-watching tours.
- What do I bring?
Don't bring anything that you don't want to lose or get wet. If you like, you can bring sunglasses,
sunscreen, bug repellant, and a water-proof camera. A smile and a good attitude are also a must.
- Do I need experience?
No. Our guides will give you basic river information, necessary paddling instruction, and
comprehensive safety information.
- Is it safe?
Yes. We provide all necessary safety equipment, basic river information, paddling instruction, and
comprehensive safety information. Also, there will always be at least one guide with you on every
trip. All of our guides are certified by the Red Cross in First Aid and CPR. But, as with any outdoor
or water-related activity, there are inherent risks incurred. At Live Love Paddle, we try our best to
minimize these risks.
- Does it matter if I'm not a strong swimmer?
No, but we might require you to wear your PFD (personal floatation device).
- Can I rent a kayak to see the fireworks on July 4th?
Not exactly – but you may come with us for our evening bat-watching tour and then hang out a little
longer for the fireworks. FYI – we charge a little more for July 4th.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Notice of cancellation must be given at least 24 hours in advance of tour meeting time. Cancellations
within 24 hours of tour meeting time will be charged full amount.
- What if the weather is bad?
We still go. A little rain won't hurt you. Of course, if there is lightning or if the weather is
extremely bad, we cancel the trip and issue refunds.
- Can I bring my dog?
Maybe. If your dog is well-behaved, a good swimmer, and has a CFD (canine floatation device),
you are welcome to bring your dog on most trips - but please check with us first.
- Will the bats poop on me?
Maybe – but its not nearly as gross as bird poop – you usually don’t even notice it. Also, if you
are really worried about it, you can stay out of the “danger zone.